This is about getting the right people on the right seats on the bus a la Jim Collins. Or maybe getting new bus drivers. Or getting Jim Collins a bus. Whatever, it won’t hurt you to contact us.
McNeely & McNeely CPAs, P.L.L.C., a growing East Texas firm, is seeking immediate part time help with tax preparation. You can work remotely from anywhere, anytime using our digital systems (if you have some bars of service).
Desired qualifications include:
- CPA licensed in Texas; being in good standing is definitely a plus;
- Three to five years of experience preparing and reviewing individual and business returns;
- Proficiency with ProSeries, Excel, QuickBooks (desktop and on-line), yada yada;
- Friendly, people-first approach; (It helps to have a sense of humor around here.)
- Comfortable with virtual office functions—business casual on top, pajamas on bottom for video meetings;
- Organized, accurate, detail-oriented, and—shockingly, able to thrive under deadlines.
- Prepare 1040, 1120, 1120S, & 1065 from digital records;
- Review 1040s prepared by others;
- Interact with our office manager and clients to get information and answers;
- Tax research;
- Work with the IRS to resolve client tax issues; able to multi-task while listening to “set-your-teeth-on-edge” hold music for hours.
- The standard “pay commensurate” line is applicable, but not helpful to a first glance. Since this is per diem work the range is $30 to $50 per hour—depending, and so forth and so on.
We are a Father / Son firm with tax, virtual back-office accounting, and consulting clients. Using technology, we serve a variety of clients at different locations – all from the East Texas Woods. (Yes, we have Internet – Fiber Optic, even.) With the Senior partner having long since lost sight of retirement age in the rear-view mirror, there is an opportunity for the right person to grow his or her position with the firm.
We have crafted a contrarian bean-counting firm culture – where family comes first and work-life balance is a thing, not a slogan.
If interested, please send a resume’ and three references that are not your Mom to our office manager, Cathy Jones at email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer.